The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City has planned an exciting day of learning and exploring for homeschooling families across the state!
- Visit Native American dwellings
- View Western vistas
- Explore the playground
- Learn about ancient and contemporary Native American traditions
- Explore the role of trading posts in the West
- Learn more about cattle drives and decisions cowboys had to make
- Try out steer-roping or barrel-racing
- Learn about packing a wagon and decide what to take on a journey out West
Activities while supplies last. Lunch space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The Teacher (first adult) will be free, and so are the students. (For every 7 students, the museum provides free admission for 1 teacher/chaperone.) Any additional adult will be $10.75.
The Cowboy is using their link for scheduling school tours. There are a few things specific to school tours that might be confusing to keep in mind while registering.
- Dates Requested – just enter 1 date, October 22
- Time Requested – just enter any time
- What is your first choice of programs? – select Teacher-Directed Museum Visit
- Comments/Special Needs – type Homeschool Day
If people have any issues registering they can call Visitor Services at (405) 478-2250 ext. 241.