There is so much information about Home Education available that we’re working on a curated list for you. Let us know if you’ve found a wonderful resource that we haven’t discovered yet by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by messaging us through social media.
The inclusion of the following entries does not constitute an endorsement by Homeschool Oklahoma of the program, organization, or tutor. It is the parent’s responsibility to investigate who will be involved in their children’s education. We encourage parents to thoroughly investigate a potential program and ask for references and talk to others who have used these organizations/persons’ talents.
Many of these titles are available at your local bookstore or online. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but it will help you get started.
- The Whole-Hearted Child: Home Education Handbook by Clay and Sally Clarkson
- Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie
- For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
- The Christian Home Educators Curriculum Manual: Junior/ Senior High or Elementary by Cathy Duffy. This manual contains information about different types of curricula and approaches to homeschooling. Check the copyright date for the most current edition.
- The Home Schooling Father by Farris, Michael
- The Christian Home School by Harris, Gregg
- The Right Choice: Home Schooling by Chris Klicka
- Mary Pride’s Complete Guide to Getting Started in Homeschooling by Mary Pride. This is probably the most exhaustive comparison of curricula and teaching styles. Check the copyright date for the most current edition.
- The Way They Learn by Cynthia Tobias
Look these up in your favorite podcast app! Most were recommended by more than one HSOK member.
- Read-Aloud Revival (Sarah Mackenzie)
- Your Morning Basket (Pam Barnhill)
- Circe Insitute Podcast Network (especially “The Mason Jar”)
- The Arts of Language (IEW)
- At Home with Sally and Friends (Sally Clarkson)
- Wild and Free
- Simply Charlotte Mason with Sonya Shafer
- Classical Conversations
- Brave Writer (Julie Bogart)
Social Media Accounts
- Homeschool Oklahoma (Twitter)
- @homeschool_oklahoma (Instagram)
- Homeschool Oklahoma (Facebook)
- Homeschool Oklahoma (YouTube)
- https://www.mathschase.com is free, online math facts practice
- https://www.typing.com is a free typing course
Used Curriculum Sites
Used Curriculum Stores
Bibliomania (Tulsa) http://www.bibliomaniatulsa.com/index.php