There are many autonomous homeschool support groups across Oklahoma offering a variety of opportunities according to the needs of their particular members. HSOK highly recommends that homeschooling families join a local support group.
The HSOK Board of Trustees, comprised of volunteer homeschooling couples, values the partnership and communication shared with the affiliated groups. For a support group to become affiliated with HSOK, its leadership must agree with the HSOK statement of faith. While there is no charge for affiliation, groups receive the following benefits:
- Group listing in HSOK publications and preferential listing on HSOK website
- Free resources: established policies for resolving conflict, a standard of conduct, and recommendations for setting up a homeschool
- Link to group website from www.HSOK.com
- HSOK homeschool orientation video and Oklahoma Home Educators’ Handbook ebook at no charge (as soon as updates are finished)
- HSOK trustees are available to speak at group meetings for no charge
- Access to sound and multimedia equipment (for support group use)
- Invitation to Leaders’ Luncheon at the HSOK Conventions
- Discount code for HSLDA membership
- Group leadership may submit nominations for potential trustees
- Being part of a central organization to share ideas, resources, and receive help in meeting the needs of families in your group
- Associating with like-minded leaders and individual families who share a common purpose and educational philosophy
Homeschool support group leaders should apply for group affiliation with Homeschool Oklahoma.
Make your group an Affiliate Group!