There are many autonomous homeschool support groups across Oklahoma offering a variety of opportunities according to the needs of their particular members. HSOK highly recommends that homeschooling families join a local support group.
The HSOK Board of Trustees, comprised of volunteer homeschooling couples, values the partnership and communication shared with the affiliated groups. For a support group to become affiliated with HSOK, its leadership must agree with the HSOK statement of faith. While there is no charge for affiliation, groups receive the following benefits:
- Group listing on the HSOK website
- Resources: established policies for resolving conflict, a standard of conduct, and recommendations for setting up a homeschool group.
- Link to group website from www.HSOK.com
- Homeschool Oklahoma Home Educators’ Handbook ebook at no charge, upon request, as soon as updates are finished
- HSOK trustees available to speak at group meetings for no charge
- Invitation to Leaders’ Luncheon at the HSOK Conferences
- Discount code for HSLDA membership
- Group leadership may submit nominations for potential trustees
- A central organization to share ideas and resources and receive help in meeting the needs of families in your group
- Associating with like-minded leaders and individual families who share a common purpose and educational philosophy
Homeschool support group leaders should apply for group affiliation with Homeschool Oklahoma.