Group Affiliation Information and Application for
HOMESCHOOL OKLAHOMA AFFILIATED GROUPS
HSOK’s desire is to support all homeschoolers throughout the State of Oklahoma. However, because of the rapid growth of homeschooling in the state and the many diverse philosophies among these homeschoolers, we understand that we cannot possibly develop a close relationship directly with every family. Therefore, HSOK hopes to use the affiliation process to identify groups that share our homeschooling philosophy as expressed in our Vision and Mission Statements and develop close, working relationships with the members, and particularly the leadership, of these groups.
By designating affiliated groups and resources, HSOK hopes to identify to homeschooling families those organizations that share our vision and mission. We further hope to identify those groups who desire to develop close, working relationships with other likeminded organizations throughout the state in pursuit of the goal of furthering Christ-centered homeschooling in Oklahoma.
Vision Statement: To advance Christ-centered home education* as the standard in Oklahoma by serving the needs and protecting the rights of current and future home educators.
Mission Statement: To promote home education* in the state of Oklahoma through events, communications, and resources; to protect the God-given right of parents to direct the education of their children to the glory of God.
* These terms are defined in Statement of Purpose.
- All core leadership must sign the HSOK statement of faith.
- To preserve our state constitutional right to educate our children by other means, group leadership must maintain privately-funded, parent-directed home education and discipleship of their children. Leaders with students enrolled in any form of public school, be it virtual, charter, or brick and mortar, will automatically exempt a group from affiliation unless there is a logical reason to make an exception.
- Leadership signatures and contact information must be updated annually.
- Group listing in HSOK publications and preferential listing on HSOK website
- Free resources: established policies for resolving conflict, a standard of conduct, and recommendations for setting up a homeschool
- Link to group website from www.HSOK.com
- HSOK homeschool orientation video and Oklahoma Home Educators’ Handbook ebook at no charge, upon request, as soon as updates are finished
- Reduced rate for additional handbooks/video package
- HSOK trustees available to speak at group meetings for no charge
- Access to sound and multimedia equipment (for support group use)
- Invitation to Leaders’ Luncheon at the HSOK Conventions
- Discount code for HSLDA membership
- Group leadership may submit nominations for potential trustees
- A central organization to share ideas, resources, and receive help in meeting the needs of families in your group
- Associating with like-minded leaders and individual families who share a common purpose and educational philosophy