We are updating this page to reflect the changes necessary for an online convention. All current vendors have been contacted. Please give us a little grace while we redesign this event to serve all of us in spite of the current national health crisis. We plan to have it all together by April 1.
Changes from Previous Years:
- OCHEC has been rebranded as Homeschool Oklahoma.
- NEW LOCATION: ONLINE via Chime, the HSOK Facebook page, and the Homeschool Oklahoma website.
The HSOK Celebration exists solely to advance homeschooling and to further the educational goals of homeschooling families by providing encouragement, support, and resources. We gladly accept exhibitors that support these goals. We reserve the right to refuse any vendor or advertising not in keeping with our goals, without explanation. The privilege of advertising with HSOK in no way expresses or implies any endorsement, educational or spiritual, of products.
Exhibitors applying for space in the exhibit hall must complete either the online application and include full payment. Credit cards submitted with online applications will be processed immediately but refunds will be processed if we are not able to accept the application. By submitting your application, you agree to the conditions and rules stated herein. When your application is approved, a confirmation email will be sent.
This webpage IS the Exhibitor Packet. The information below includes: electrical, internet, decorating, extra tables and carpet information, etc. READ THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY
Your internet service is provided at your location by your company.
HSOK will consider applications from non-profit organizations on a first-come-first-served basis, as space is limited. Please contact us before sending your application. HSOK highly recommends submitting your application early, as applications received after April 15, 2020, will not be reviewed.
DIGITAL ATTENDEE BAGS
Handout bags will be processed through HSOK. Applications for handout bag inserts are part of the vendor application. You will need to supply 1000 inserts after you receive a confirmation with instructions regarding where and when to send your inserts.
Every registered family will receive a copy of the digital convention program on the weekend of May 1. Advertising space is available in the convention program. Ads must be black and white and camera-ready. All ads are subject to the approval of HSOK. No refunds will be issued for ads that do not arrive on time. The deadline for submissions for the convention program is March 15, 2019. Advertising rates are as follows:
Program Display Ads
Black and White Full Page, $600
Half Page, $400 One-third Page, $300
One-sixth Page, $200 One-twelfth Page, $100
Acceptable Formats: Ads must be sent in the formats listed below. If ads are not in the following formats, HSOK cannot guarantee placement in the program.
Mac or PC – .PDF or .JPG
Resolution: 300 dpi photos, 600 dpi text
Mac – QuarkXpress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator (include fonts & support files)
Media – E-mail, or mail on CD-ROM or Flash Drive.
SALES TAX INFORMATION
Tax Rate: 8.625% (as of 1/2018)
Please be advised that as a Special Event Promoter/Organizer, HSOK is now required by law to keep sales tax records, file reports, and remit the sales tax, when due. HSOK shall be liable for failure to report and remit all sales taxes due.
Vendors holding a valid Oklahoma Sales Tax Permit shall be exempt from remitting to HSOK. You should continue to report and remit sales tax as in your normal course of business. However, be aware that HSOK is required to provide the Oklahoma Tax Commission with a listing of vendors with permits, including the vendors’ sales tax permit number. HSOK must have your sales tax permit number prior to the convention.
As part of this process, HSOK will:
1) Provide the vendor with a sales tax number and report form. This report and remittance must be received by HSOK before leaving the convention floor. Checks should be made payable to HSOK.
2) Provide the Oklahoma Tax Commission with a listing of vendors who do not have a valid Oklahoma Sales Tax Permit, including vendor name, address, and telephone number.
This is not an activity that either HSOK or our vendors will look forward to at the end of the convention, but it is the law. If you wish to speak to someone at the Tax Commission, please call (405) 522-4324. This event is considered a “special event”, and you will need to speak to someone in that division to obtain the correct information.
All cancellations must be in writing. The following applies in case of cancellation.
1) Cancellation on or before February 15, 2020: 75% of booth space rental and exhibitor workshop fees.
2) Cancellation after February 15, 2020, but on or before March 15, 2020: 50% of booth space rental and exhibitor workshop fees, IF the vacated space is resold. (No refund will be given if vacated space is not resold.)
3) Cancellation of advertising space in the convention program will receive a 75% refund, if such request is received before March 31, 2020. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after the deadline or for ads not received in time to meet the publishing schedule.
4) Cancellations after March 15, 2020: NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY REASON. However, if the Cole Community Center should be partially or totally destroyed by fire, the elements, or by any other cause, or in the event that any other circumstance should make it impossible for the management to permit the contracted space to be occupied by the exhibitor, then this lease with HSOK shall be terminated, and the exhibitor shall waive any claim for damages or compensations except the pro-rata return of the amount paid for space rented.