We are excited that you are interested in joining us for the Homeschool Oklahoma Graduate Recognition Ceremony! We are planning a special evening to honor homeschooled senior high graduates from across the state.
When: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 6:00 PM
Where: Mid-America Christian University
3500 S.W. 119th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
What YOU need to put together or purchase:
- All information and payment must be received by May 6, 2023.
- Graduate cap and gown – Please purchase a cap, gown, and tassel.
- Diploma & diploma cover – Please note HSOK does not sign diplomas, nor does the organization verify that a student has completed coursework. The parent is responsible for supplying and signing a diploma for their graduate and creating the high school transcript.
- Graduate bio and photo – Graduates will be highlighted in the graduation ceremony program. You will receive a follow-up email with more information on submitting these items.
- Display for graduate table – Graduates will have half an 8-ft table to display photos or mementos from their educational journey. The tables will be outside the chapel and will not be monitored. Use your judgment when determining what to display on your table. You could put together a tri-fold display or a photo collage in a frame.
Due to the size of the venue, graduates can invite up to 20 guests. No air horns, helium balloons, glitter, or confetti are permitted inside the building.
Clarification of Home Schooling
The HSOK Graduate Recognition Ceremony is open to graduating seniors living in Oklahoma who have been educated at home for at least one school year by their parents in accordance with Oklahoma Constitution Article XII Section 4 and Oklahoma Statute Title 70 Subsection 10-105, where the parent is the primary provider of instruction. Students enrolled in a public school, private school, blended model school, public charter school, or virtual charter school are not eligible to participate. Students enrolled in vocational education programs and college or university concurrent enrollment are welcome to participate.
Photographs and videos taken by HSOK representatives at this event may appear in The Homeschool Oklahoma Informer Newsletter, on the HSOK website, on HSOK social media platforms, or in other HSOK publications at HSOK’s discretion. Participation in the HSOK Graduate Recognition Ceremony constitutes a photograph use permission.
The registration fee covers the cost of the commencement speaker, facility and equipment rental, musician, and access to an online professional photo album for photo download. Fees paid for the Graduate Recognition Ceremony are non-refundable and non-transferable. Any excess funds will be used for general Homeschool Oklahoma expenses. All information and payment must be received by May 6, 2023.
- Pay your registration fees by buying 2023 Graduation Participation.
- You will receive an email from Crystal Wagner with additional details within a few days.